- 1986 University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, Juris Doctor
- 1982 Mount Saint Mary’s University, Emmitsburg, Maryland, B.A in Economics
- Senior Judge, Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, Maryland, February 2022 to present. Authorized to sit in all Circuits in the State of Maryland and the District Court of Maryland.
- Chief Judge of the 5th Judicial Circuit (Anne Arundel, Howard and Carroll Counties) November 2021 to February 2022.
- Associate Judge, Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, Maryland, January 2016 to February 2022.
- Conference of Circuit Court Judges January 2021 to January 2022
- Member Complex Litigation Subcommittee
- Designated Business and Technology Judge
- Designated ASTAR Judge, ASTAR Fellow (Advanced Scientific and Technology Adjudication Resource Project- U.S. Department of Justice Grant Program)
- Served at various times as the Coordinating and Case Management Judge in the Anne Arundel County Circuit Court for the Civil, Family, Juvenile, and Criminal (post trial) Divisions, and the Drug Court Judge
- 40 hour basic Mediation training course through the Francis King Carey School of Law
- Assistant States Attorney for Anne Arundel County from 1987 to 1994
- Private Practice of Law from 1994 to 2006
- Anne Arundel County Councilman, District 6, 1994 to 1998
Additional Professional Activities
- Frequent Lecturer for Continuing Legal Education Programs for the Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Adjunct Faculty – Anne Arundel Community College 2007- 2022
- Instructor has taught paralegal classes relating to Criminal Law, Criminal Evidence and Procedure, Torts, Family, and Administrative Law
- Paralegal Advisory Board for the Anne Arundel Community College 2007-2022
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association 1987-Present
- Maryland Circuit Judges Association