Robert Weinberg was a practicing attorney for over thirty years concentrating in civil litigation matters including personal injury and workers compensation cases. During the course of his career, Mr. Weinberg tried hundreds of cases before juries, judges and Administrative law judges in courtrooms through the state of Maryland, the District of Columbia, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
As a plaintiff’s attorney, Mr. Weinberg also resolved dozens of cases through mediation and binding arbitration with several matters in excess of seven figures.
He participated in alternative dispute resolutions involving private attorneys, sitting and retired judges and court appointed counsel.
Mr. Weinberg received his mediation training in 2018 and has been practicing as a mediator for the last 5 years. He has handled numerous matters as a court appointed mediator in disputes dealing with personal injury, working compensation, insurance disputes, subrogation claims, employment matters and breach of contract.
Mr. Weinberg graduated from Emory University with a degree in Political Science and received his law degree from Emory University School of law in Atlanta, Georgia. He began his career as a prosecutor in the District of Columbia where he tried numerous offenses.
Robert has worked as a mediator throughout the state of Maryland handling all types of civil matters. Mr. Weinberg does not believe in a one size fits all approach to mediation. His style is best described as adaptive depending on the personalities of the parties and the nature of the dispute. He is not opposed to taking a strong hand when needed. This has translated into a high degree of success in getting cases settled even when the litigants began the session far apart.
- Emory University School of Law, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Juris Doctor, 1989
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Bachelor of Arts: Political Science, Psychology, 1985
- Named Baltimore Superlawyer as a Personal Injury Attorney
Results driven and detail oriented with 31 years of experience in the legal profession. Extensive experience litigating civil cases with focus on personal injury and workers compensation matters. Conducted all aspects of discovery, jury and bench trials along with high level negotiations of state and federal claims. Currently working as a court appointed and private mediator in Maryland and Washington, D.C.. Also worked as a prosecutor in the D. C. government and currently holds a Florida Real Estate License.
Mediator | Weinberg Mediation Center, LLC – St. 08/2018 – CURRENT
- Conduct private and court appointed mediations of civil litigation matters including personal injury, contract disputes, insurance subrogation claims and workers compensation appeals.
- Uses mediation techniques to facilitate communication between disputants, to further parties’ understanding of different perspectives and to guide parties toward mutual agreement.
Partner | BELSKY WEINBERG & HOROWITZ, LLC 01/1999 – 01/2018
- Founding partner in boutique law firm specializing in representation of injured parties in personal injury, workers compensation and social security disability claims
- Responsible for management of budget and personnel including advertising, interviewing and hiring for attorney and staff positions
- Review large volume of medical records, correspondence and legal pleadings
- Argue cases in various District and Circuit Courts and the state and federal level including Appellate matters
- Provided training during office transitions and for newly joined personnel
Partner | SOBIN & GROSS – Gaithersburg, MD 01/1995 – 01/1999
- Explained available courses of action and possible repercussions of cases to clients.
- Minimized risk exposure through careful advice on business operations and strategic plans.
- Liaised between partners and internal stakeholders to resolve conflicts.
- Developed and implemented strategies to enhance partner relations.
- Litigated cases in Maryland and D.C. involving serious personal injury and workers compensation claims
- Settled cases through mediation and arbitration